Your shopping cart is empty.
As a visual artist and creativity expert, my mission is to inspire you to realize the power of curiosity so you can live your dreams & uplift the world. Enjoy these offerings of simple, yet profound ways to find joy and purpose. Remember what Albert Einstein said: "Creativity is intelligence having fun!"
is a wonderful way to calm your mind and body. This easy tutorial
teaches how to focus on a simple activity so your mind can relax and
enjoy the process of play with shapes and colors.
By drawing a doodle
with your eyes closed, you are in a judgement-free zone, allowing your mind to expand.
Materials: something to write on and something to write with. :)
1. Sit comfortably in front of what you are writing on and take a few calming breaths in through your nose and out
through your mouth.
2. Place the writing tool of your choice in one hand and
place your other hand on your paper so you can feel where it is.
your eyes and without any judgment or expectation, draw fast or slow,
curved or straight until you feel you are ready to stop.
4. Open your eyes to discover and celebrate your unique
doodle! Enjoy coloring in the shapes you made, paying attention to how
this feels in your hand and in your mind.
Color is powerful and full of meaning personally and culturally. When we are mindful of how color affects us, we can fill our spaces with colors that encourage joy, peace, and confidence. How fantastic is that? What colors make you feel good? What to they evoke? Memory? Emotion? Action?
Materials: something to write on and something to write with. :)
Write color names across the top. How many? Which colors? These choices are totally up to you.
2. Close your eyes, take a moment to calm your breath, and invite your thoughts into the present moment.
3. Open your eyes, and under each color name, write words or phrases that come to mind. What feelings do you get when you think about each one? Take your time thinking, feeling, and breathing. There is no rush. There is no right or wrong. This is yours, for you alone. :)
4. Think about how you currently have color in your spaces, at home, at work, at school.
Interesting, huh? How you react
to color affects your state of mind, and being aware of your personal
connection or aversion to color gives you insight into ways to support
is a beautiful way to add your favorite colors into your world. Float
through my available art or book a commission, and we can plan the
perfect painting to celebrate you and color you happy!!
“I found I could say things with colors that I could not say in any other way, things for which I had no words.” -Georgia O'Keeffe
3. FREE WRITE
Schedule a few minutes every morning to write in a stream of consciousness, which means ANYTHING that comes to mind. Allowing your mind time and space to wander without judgement or restraint is a great way to become aware of your subconscious ideas and emotional tangles, which could lead to innovative solutions and clearing out old negative thoughts that no longer serve you.
"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." -Steve Jobs
Here and now is all there is, yet as humans, we tend to live in the past and future. Spending time in the present is the secret to joy. We are only ever really here and now, right? Think about it.
Being present takes practice and an open mind. It is free, requires no supplies or special skills. It is available to everyone and has no side effects, other than that it can:1. Reduce stress
The answer is meditation. You can seek out what style suits you best, but the point is to sit, close your eyes, and breathe.
Here is what I do:
1. I practice bit of yoga to open my body and focus my mind.
2. I sit comfortably on a few pillows with my spine straight, shoulders back, chest open, and my knees parallel and open to the sides. I scoop my glutes out from under me which helps my hips open and feels like I am more physically grounded.
4. I rest my hands on my thighs and take a few slow breaths in through my nose, down to my lower belly and expanding my chest, then out.
5. I set a timer for 20 minutes and thank myself for giving myself this gift of self-care because I know it will positively impact how I think, feel, and act throughout my day. I also think of something in my life that I am grateful for.
6. I close my eyes and breathe. Each time I breathe, I think: breathing. Each time I hear a noise I think: hearing. Each time I swallow I think: swallowing. Each time I feel something, I think: feeling. Each time I think, I think: thinking. This allows me to observe without judgement.
7. After what seems like 4 or 5 minutes, my breathing calms incredibly and I begin to feel my face and eyes relax. Sometimes colors swirl in and out. I well up with a blissful, heart-opening feeling and think: I AM.
8. Near the end of my session, I am often aware of all of the noises, thoughts, and feelings that were intrusive in the beginning, but I am now removed from them. This is the gift that with repeated meditation I carry with my into my day.
9. When my timer goes off, I bow my head and again, am grateful for this opportunity to go inside and connect with this serene sense of expansion; of what, I am not sure.
10. I stand up with a calmness that seems to be a buffer between me and all that the world presents to me as I move back into my world. It is this awareness that gives me confidence, peace, an open mind, and clear decision-making.
I invite you to try it for yourself!
If you are curious, there is a bounty of research on this. One study found that by meditating, you can increase your IQ by 23%. Yup!
The Art of Living expands on the benefits of my personal favorite: Vipassana Mindfulness Meditation.
"Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people." -Andre Dubus
5. I AM
THE MOST POWERFUL STATEMENT YOU WILL EVER UTTER
You have the ability to change your life by investing in how you talk about yourself in the present. I am....holds the key.
Shift your I am statements to the positive:
I am enough.
I am smart.
I am capable.
I am safe.
I am love.
I am free.
I am prosperous.
This simple exercise will shift your perspective, your mindset, your energy, and your world!
"Creativity is contagious, pass it on." -Albert Einstein
6. INSPIRATION FROM THE WISE FOR THE WISE (YOU!)
Here are more quotes that are from one human to another. We are on this Earth to grow and seeking support and wisdom from others helps to light our way. May you find wisdom in these words and draw from your own experience to share your nuggets of wisdom with others.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt
"You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." -Buddha
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller
Art is a line around your thoughts.” –Gustav Klimt
“Art should be something that liberates your soul, provokes the imagination and encourages people to go further.” –Keith Haring
"The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions that have been concealed by the answers. –James Baldwin
"All our knowledge has its origin in our perceptions." –Leonardo da Vinci
I AM A SOUL WITH BODY AND A MIND
I am level-headed, silly, clear-spoken, creative, smart human who is lit from within with love. I use these techniques and others to find my center, ground my roots, and spread my wings. I confidently approach the world and my work with curiosity and joy, grateful everyday for each moment I have.
My work is a physical maniestation of my mental space, full of joy, energy, and color. I often hide positive words and hearts in my art to share joy around the world. Since nobody can explain why we are here, I figure that I may as well have fun while I am here!
No matter who you are or what you do, you have the ability to access the safe, expansive space within you: the here and now. Give a few of these a try and experience the shift in your perspective and view of who you are. Live your dreams! I can't wait to see how you light up the world!
I love to connect with like-minded, open-hearted humans. Please reach out when you would like to connect about art or life!
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
WARNING: This merchant has removed information about what materials they are using in the production of their products. Please verify with them directly.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
The above preview shows how to use the live preview on this website.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of my art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website! So cool, right?!
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
Join My Studio Insider VIP Club
SAVE 20% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Enter your email below, and I will email you a 20% OFF Coupon right now!
See you on the inside!
PS. The coupon is for NEW CUSTOMERS only, but all of the other fun stuff is for everyone!